[cdt-l] Prohibited items on Amtrak

danandgailsc at aol.com danandgailsc at aol.com
Wed May 30 17:52:46 CDT 2007

We plan to use a one-way Avis car rental from the airport in Helena, MT to East Glacier.
Dan and Gutsy

My question now is: Is this just some regulation or
are there really luggage checks at the train station?
If there are really checks I am in trouble. I just
arrive  shortly before from Europe, have to pick up
ice axe and cannister from REI and hop on the train to
East Glacier. I just don't have the time to send these
items ahead per mail.

Any ideas or suggestions? What are you doing? Not
riding Amtrak?