[cdt-l] CDT-2008

Horton, David dhorton at liberty.edu
Tue Oct 2 15:49:55 CDT 2007

Great to hear from you Slotoe.  It sounds like you are bringing your
kids up right, developing an appreciation for the out of doors.  I know
that I will get lost some on the CDT.   I just don't want to do it too
much or too often.  I usually start about one half hour ahead of sunrise
and go for 12 to 14 hours.  That first hour in the morning is a very
special time to be on the trail.  The mornings bring the thoughts of the
adventures that you will have that day.  The last hour brings you the
satisfaction of the experiences of the day. The journey is the
adventure, not the destination.  In all the adventures, the finish is
anticlimactic to the actual process.
In Christ
David