[Cdt-l] MSR Pocket Rocket

Jeff Braun jbraun at vizsolutions.com
Thu Oct 16 15:25:17 CDT 2008

I've used the Pocket Rocket along the CDT throughout Montana and
Wyoming, but I probably never used it much over 10,000 feet. The 8 oz
canister lasts 9 days for me, boiling 1 cup in morning and 2 cups for
dinner (including ~8 minute simmer time). Only time I had any
problems (slow to boil) was with colder weather (in the 30s) using
the cheaper Coleman 30% propane blend. There is some good info online
if you google it. I recall  the Backpacking Light article is a good one -

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/canister_stove_faq.html

Jeff