[Cdt-l] Big Sandy Lodge

Chris Willett CWillett at pierce.ctc.edu
Thu Apr 30 13:09:35 CDT 2009

Why bother? Just stay out longer!  200+ mile resupply runs are not that
long, and you¹ll be surprised at the difference. Pack weight isn¹t that much
more and after a few days it levels off, especially if you have a light load
to begin with. I¹ll be coming through Jackson to South Pass City. I¹m not
sure how far it is, but my estimates is 200-230 miles. Sure, 10 days of food
weighs. But staying out that long is a treat, not a downside. I¹m also
planning on 200+ mile legs between Anaconda and Leadore and Salida to Pagosa
Springs (though I¹ll hopefully be going through in late August and so avoid
snow).

Suge