[Cdt-l] Resupply from Wind Rivers to Pinedale

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Sun Jan 11 11:17:50 CST 2009

The road from Green Lakes to Pinedale is mostly dirt and long.  It does
not see a lot of traffic - just campers and fisherpeople.  The dirt road
dumps you out on a state highway, and then you have to hitch another 20
or 30 miles (if memory serves me well).

I've gone into the Winds from the Elkhart Park TH numerous times and
there is relatively lots more traffic.  And I don't think it's 15 miles.
If you leave the highline trail in Bald Mountain Basin and head toward
Pole Creek Lakes to the junction near Eklund Lake that you take to
Elkhart Park TH, you're only re-walking 4 miles or so of trail (8 miles
rt).  You head north from Eklund Lake on the return and rejoin the
highline trail just north of Little Seneca Lake.

Jeff Olson
Martin, SD