[Cdt-l] Anaconda Cutoff vs. CDT around Butte

Chris Willett CWillett at pierce.ctc.edu
Mon Jul 6 10:40:22 CDT 2009

I just got done with the cutoff (in Anaconda now) and while there is plenty of road walking, there is no private property to cross. All the roads are public, but most of the land around them are private. So, once you get down about 4 miles or so from Four Corners, you'll have to go all the way to the Clark Fork to camp (nasty, buggy, but public) or all the way to Anaconda, which is what I did.

Suge