[Cdt-l] Fwd: See SPOT run...

hetchhetchyman at aol.com hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Sat Dec 4 01:35:03 CST 2010

From: Jim and_or Ginny Owen <spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com>

"The other side of the coin is that those who "carry" never know what it is that
they've missed. Most of
them think that their hike is just as good as everyone else's.  Maybe for them,
it is.  But I seriously doubt
it.  And I know that their hike would be unsatisfactory for me."

With all due respect.. Who are we to judge the quality of another persons hike?
I agree that no one should be mandated to carry something they don't want to carry.
As far as I know the only thing we are mandated to carry on the CDT is a permit in Glacier and Yellowstone N.P's.
But to say someones experience is less than someone elses seems a bit elitist.
No offence. I love your site. Particularly the part about: "Hike your own hike".
-Iceaxe