[Cdt-l] GPS and TOPO! ready files (based on Jonathan's Google, Earth file)

Frank Gilliland frankgilliland at comcast.net
Sat Jan 2 23:22:44 CST 2010

These posts from Jonathan Ley's maps are great, but note that the
southern terminus for NM is showing as Antelope Wells.  This was one of
the two southern terminii when Ley hiked, but now I understand the
"official" terminus is Crazy Cook.  I also understand that Antelope
Wells is to be avoided due to drug smuggling and illegal immigration
activity.

Handlebar

This is correct.  I just sent my track file of both Crazy Cook (which is by the way field checked by me) and mostly based on the BLM file.
And the Columbus route (not field checked yet)   to Postholer.

The Ley file is somewhat dated and does not show many of the alternates.  But it is a good backbone.

Now the "Out of order file" does show several alternates ( can also send you this file also)

I can  email anyone the raw files in .gpx form.

Frank "StarMan" Gilliland

frankgilliland  < at > comcast.net