[Cdt-l] Complete on-line topo maps for the Big Sky variant- Butte Super Cut off

Brian Dickson briansolar1 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 5 12:23:07 CST 2010

Hi Jack ,
Thanks for the comments.

A central repositary of maps (and other info) would be nice I agree but I didn't detect much appetite when the topic of a wiki was raised a few weeks ago on this forum.

Jonathan Ley holds the CDT maps that everyone uses but the ones I produced are for quite a substantial different route for 350+ miles.  I could happily give them to Jonathan to add to his CD if he was up for it but that might mean giving him more work that he probably doesn't need. Remember we are all doing this in our own time and Jonathans annual update is probably pretty time consuming as it is.

As for the Mac, I confess I am an amatuer developer and don't have access to a Mac to test the site out. If you are looking at the route, I would just download the maps from the links on the page:

Big Sky hike southern section Brian's 20 maps (36MB)
Big Sky hike northern section Onion's 13 maps (52MB)

good luck with the hike
Brian