[Cdt-l] Big Sandy Lodge

Melanie Simmerman jennylind50 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 17:27:40 CDT 2010

Apparently, some hikers in the past have bauked at the fee for holding boxes and
someone also complained about his prices.  Perhaps these ungrateful people don't
realize how much work it is for someone in the backcountry to go get that hiker
box and stow it, also to haul in food and supplies.

According to what we heard last year, the final straw for the owner was that a
hiker broke in to the lodge to get his box when the owner was not there. If that
is the case, I don't wonder that he got fed up.  Too bad, as the location is
ideal and I've heard otherwise nice things about Big Sandy as a rest stop.
Melanie