[Cdt-l] Miner-Berry-Goldstone

Jim Wolf mail at cdtsociety.org
Fri Mar 25 20:52:34 CDT 2011

A few weeks ago we reported our concerns regarding the Beaverhead-Deerlodge's decision to relocate the CDT between Miner Creek and Goldstone Pass in the Wisdom Ranger District of western Montana.

The decision appeared to contemplate that motorized vehicles would be allowed on certain existing sections of the selected route.

We have learned that the Forest Service's intent has been to close the entire CDT segment to motorized vehicles. To clarify this intent, the earlier decision has now been withdrawn and will be replaced in coming weeks by a new issuance.

More details are available in the What's New section of our website at www.cdtsociety.org.

CDTS/Jim Wolf