[Cdt-l] India Spider Man & Ins Q

Charlie Thorpe charliethorpe at att.net
Tue Nov 15 14:03:48 CST 2011

Hello All -

Trew said:

> I would be interested in partnering up with someone who might like to use two cars and leapfrog our way up the trail.  Always moving north while hiking south.  Would that make one a nobo or sobo hiker?

I ran into a hiker on the AT who used a RV/Moped combo to leapfrog his way up the trail.  Sometimes he would hike a given segment north and sometimes south...it depended on which ends of that segment had the best places to stash both of his vehicles.  He was moving northward overall, so he considered himself  a nobo hobo.

- Charlie