[Cdt-l] Black Range Resupply

Gail and Alistair Des Moulins aandgdesinfo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 12:41:55 CST 2012

We hiked the Black Range route southbound in the fall of 2006. Certainly we
hauled a big load of food and water out of Reserve. Our next resupply point
was the Lake Roberts General Store. They were shut for the season (in early
November) but opened it up for us when the dogs did not stop barking. We
had phoned them from Reserve to confirm we could get some supplies. However
I would not recommend a resupply from here heading north as snack food was
all that was available.
Certainly the Black Range was one of the highlights of the CDT for us
despite all the deadfall over the very well graded trail at that time and
long distances between water. I enjoyed climbing up the fire lookout tower
on Reeds Peak to get the panoramic view.

Alistair

-----