[Cdt-l] Mapbook updates posted online.

Dry Camp wingnut.hiker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 14:34:51 CDT 2012

Very cool.  Thank you.  Guess this means I won't be hiking quite as far.
 Should save me an hour this summer :)

On Thursday, March 15, 2012,  <bcss at bresnan.net> wrote:
> A page has been added to the www.bearcreeksurvey.com website that will be
dedicated to map updates and changes as they are noted and resolved.   I
will leave updates there for a couple of years so people will have the best
possible information without having to get another book.

> I just made the first map revision today and put it on the website.
There is a confusing area in Montana Segment 5 where duplicate routes exist
because of a failure to remove signage from old alignments after changes.
I became aware of one such place yesterday and have posted the first
correction.  Also some notes that might make this easier when you get
there. This was brought to my attention by the USFS after they were
contacted by Jim Wolf who thought something looked amiss.  Thank you Greg
and Jim.

> I would appreciate being kept informed when you hike the trail and find
something has changed.  It is my intention to visit rerouted areas and
gather new data each year so a heads-up from hikers would be appreciated.
Just let me know the state,  segment, and mileages where the reroutes occur
and I will try to go there and update it.   Even with the demise of CDTA,
there will be considerable work done on the trail this year by other
entities, so you may find  changes.

> The link to revisions is on the main button bar of the website.  It is
called Map Updates.  If you are thru-hiking this year you should take a
look at it before you take off.