[Cdt-l] sam hughes

Teresa Martinez tamartinez2003 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 18:00:08 CDT 2013

Hey folks,

CDTC has been speaking with Sam's family about many things to help honor
Sam, but all of them require involvement of the BLM who actually mange the
lands the Trail resides on.    Please be patient and as we work with Sam's
family, the BLM, and the Trail Community, we will find a wonderful way to
recognize Sam, and not create any incidents with unintended consequences.
 Crazy Cook got its name by the piece of concrete that has been at the
intersection of the access road and the border for quite some time. Based
on how long its been there, it's now somewhat historical.

Teresa,
CDTC

--

*

About Risk – Jeep Gaskin

“49, 3 kids, all of whom climb. in fact we're going sunday. I'm going to
die and so are you. so are my kids. in the perfect world I'll die before
they do, but there aren't any guarantees. so I prepare them for life the
best way I know how, doing the things that prepared me to massage my
mother’s feet and tell her not to be scared, that it was her time to go.
and that made it possible to kiss my dad one last time and tell him I loved
him, and walk away. if you have depth to your soul and insights into life's
lessons and you didn't get them from risk  then congratulations but I can't
relate. climbing can be deltoids or it can be zen; it can be runout or
short safe falls; it can be skies filled with lightning or crisp air ahead
of mare's tails. It is never standing in a grocery line.”
*