[Cdt-l] Ley Map tracks and waypoints

cicelyb250 at aol.com cicelyb250 at aol.com
Tue Mar 4 08:51:14 CST 2014

I commend all the map work being done out there in preparation of your hikes.   Would add that you should also take some "paper" maps which show "escape" routes.  Snow/rain/accidents can present some  interesting trip altering scenarios.  Beware the evil elk - they make wonderful trails that will lead you up the wrong canyon/mountain/primrose paths.   Ditto the dead trees that mimic trail posts.   All those lovely cairns - great homes for mice/lizards that the fox/coyotes love to dismantle in search for dinner.
Finally spend time just looking about.  Compass and your eyes are important too.
Have fun class of 2014.  Every day will be a grand adventure.
CicelyB