[pct-l] Hidden Secrets of Lone Pine

Trail Pygmy trailpygmy at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 16 16:57:30 CDT 2006

Ahhh the DOW (or is it the Tao... lol) The two best things about Lone Pine
are the Dow and the Forum Theater, open only on fri, sat and sunday with
CHEAP organic food and free artsy films and local entertainment. It's
located across from the Post Office. Also little known is the 12 noon lunch
on weekdays at the Stathem Hall. It is free for seniors and only 3.50 for
non-seniors. They have a fixed menu but the food is GREAT and they really
enjoy hearing stories from hikers. I've given slide shows there to the
seniors and developed wonderful relationships during my extended stay. Lone
Pine gets my vote as the best stop in the Sierras. I also stared a Kung Fu
Club there which is still in operation. Free lesson to thru-hikers!!!

aloha, Pygmy
http://bluceree.blogspot.com/ -Pygmy's Blog
http://wingchunclub.com/zeigler -Pygmy's website