[pct-l] Travelers cheques/checks - summary

Kent Spring kjssail at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 15:45:10 CDT 2007

< As for setting up an American account the
< regulations there must be a lot more relaxed that
< in the UK and NZ. Here we have to prove an address <
by way of a drivers license or utility bill. If it <
is possible just to nominate any address in the US <
without proving you really live there then I wish
< I'd thought of that sooner.

< ~Craig

Hi Craig -

  You can open an account at many (most?) banks in the
US with two pieces of photo id, and an address (no PO
Boxes) where you will actually receive mail.  This is
so they can mail you the card.  I suppose that a
friend could forward the card to a general delivery
address along the PCT.  I would suggest Bank of
America since it probably has more branches/ATMs near
the PCT.

have a great hike, Kent