[pct-l] Fwd: Re: ziplocks vs. baggies

Ken Powers kdpo at pacbell.net
Tue Nov 27 20:58:27 CST 2007

We are using 6 oz water bottles for drink mixes and olive oil. They seem to be better about closing tightly and more securely.

For powdered milk we use a different tact. We only use it in meals (like Mac & Cheese). So we package a one meal ration of powdered milk in a small Ziploc bag that I purchased from a medical supply house. The packet of milk goes inside a quart Ziploc when we repackage the Mac & Cheese.  The small Ziploc is mostly a one-use item, but quite lightweight. We also package parmesan cheese in these small bags for added calories.

By the way we use the technique Tom Reynolds wrote about to stuff bear canisters, but we use Ziplocs. If you open the top slightly and roll the contents up toward the top you can get all the air out.

Ken