[pct-l] Too Many People

G. Lowe aka Wheeew gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 3 09:50:49 CST 2008

Yep!  I'm very familiar with GEMs  (thru Ed's writings....)  Really???  They're taking a dam down???? How coooooolllll!!!  Thanks for that info!  Made my day!

Hiker97 at aol.com wrote:      Wheeeew writes: And in learning about all this I'm also getting an  education about David Brower, who I had not heard of, but did much to prevent  dams being built in the Southwest.  There's now a movement underway to take  down Glen Canyon Dam.  I'm thinking about joining it.  When will we  accept that we're not smarter than nature???
 Switchback replies: DOWN WITH GEMs!!  As Ed Abbey would say.  I  think he had a secret plan to do Glen Canyon dam in.  IMHO.   I heard that Hetch Hetchy dam (the one that killed John Muir when it  passed to be built) is coming down.  I hope so.  By the  way, GEM stands for Giant Earth Mover equipment.  Long live Trail  Pirates!

Who's never won?  Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.

-Wheeew-
www.trailjournals.com/wheeew/
---->MexiCan----> 2008