[pct-l] HIDING FROM ILLEGALS

Mike Saenz msaenz at mve-architects.com
Tue Jan 15 11:17:58 CST 2008

http://bp0.blogger.com/_ys_Aayk1xjc/RvrATxaVf4I/AAAAAAAAACU/WoS_ItA458g/
s320/P4270072.JPG

I'd imagine, once you're past Mt Laguna, you're out of "illegal
territory". The checkpoint just northwest of Buckman Springs Road is the
last checkpoint an illegal would need to get past.

I remember the area just south of Cibbets Flat where I saw a lot of
discarded clothing and trash which I assume came from illegals. There
are a lot of crisscrossing trails and dirt roads around that area.
Perfect place for a smuggler to pick up illegals. I saw some discarded
items up Long Canyon, but once I got past Mt Laguna, I didn't see any
evidence of illegals.

Check out the photo I linked. The guy in the blue shirt is "Oscar The
Illegal". As we hung out at the bottom of Hauser last ADZPCTKO, this guy
was walking from the west along the canyon and bummed food and water
from us hikers. He was trying to get to El Centro, asking how many miles
away it was! I tried to tell him he was many day's worth of walking
through desert, and that if he'd follow the PCT north with us, he'd be
at Morena Reservoir, where there was food and water to be had, but he
either didn't understand me, or didn't trust me. He kept walking
eastward along the canyon.

Michael Saenz
Associate Partner

MVE Studio, Inc. | Architecture
Irvine + Oakland + Honolulu

1900 Main Street, Suite 800 | Irvine, California 92614-7318 | T
949.809.2700 | www.mve-studio.com <http://www.mve-studio.com/>

  <http://www.mve-studio.com/>