[pct-l] Subject: Re: April 1st Sierra Snow Conditions

Brick Robbins brick at fastpack.com
Thu Apr 2 19:24:55 CDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Georgi Heitman <bobbnweav at gmail.com> wrote:
>  A book I read, A Dangerous Place, states that the  normal flow of the Los
> Angeles River would only support a population of 250,000.  That's why LA has
> been stealing water going back to the Jack Nicholson days  (Chinatown).

"Stealing Water" is a complicated concept. Few of us have natural
creeks flowing across our properties, and if we do, when we take a
drink, are we "stealing" from someone down stream?

When my Bay Area smug-holier-than-thou friends talk about So-Cal
"stealing water" I answer with two words:

"Hech Hechy"