[pct-l] Free standing tent

Bradley Issler bradley.issler at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 11:20:23 CST 2009

I agree with everyone else about free standing being a nice, but unnecessary
feature.  I used the TT Rainbow for my 2200 miles of PCT and did not use the
free standing feature but once or twice.

And, if I may, I would like to recommend the Rainbow over the Moment.  For a
few extra ounces you can have a palace instead of an apartment.  The Rainbow
is sooooo roomie.  Again, there are two things I splurged on, as far as
weight is concerned.  That is my Neo Air and my Tarprent.  I loved not
having to worry about rain, mosquitoes and rodents getting in my shit either
while I was sleeping or while I was hangin out at camp in the evening.  For
me, and obviously this is personal preference, but it was worth the weight
to sleep on a comfortable pad, in a fully enclosed shelter for 5.5 months
that I was out.

Jukebox.