[pct-l] meddling NPS

Diane Morris diane_m96002 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 27 13:33:20 CST 2009

Jim said
"The ranger we spoke with is also a high school soccer coach. A couple of
years ago several members of his team (unbeknownst to him), were hiking down
to Phantom Ranch and carrying out "hiker" backpacks at $200 a pop. And there
were plenty of takers. One young man was making two trips per day! After a
few weeks, the Park Superintendent got wind of this new "service" and put an
end to it."

One would think that the forest service would appriciate that the kids were just out trying to earn some HONEST money and not out spraying graffitti, or worse yet, getting the guns out to play (who's the biggest and badest and live to tell.)
I personally commend the kids for coming up with a way to earn themselves some honest money and a bonus... staying in shape (specially with all the young, lazy, overweight kids these days...)
WOW!!!   ANAL is all I can say for the Park Superintendent!
~Diane Morris

"Accept me for who I am, not who you want me to be..."