[pct-l] Humor - Seasoned Hiker Trash at a TrailTown Saloon

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Feb 15 03:16:16 CST 2009

Our intrepid PCT hero, Grizzly, was down at his local saloon talking to his hiking bros and lamenting getting older.

“You know, I have spent a fortune on deodorant before I realized that people didn't like me anyway.”

“Yes, you are right old pal”, says Trail Stomper. “I had a nightmare last night and thought Female Leadership Terminator Types were putting pictures of missing husbands on beer cans!”

Gorp joins in, “I was thinking about old age too and decided that old age is 'when you still have something on the ball, but you are just too tired to bounce it.'

“Say that reminds me. I was going to make a PCT trail fitness video called and call it 'Pumping Rust', says Grizzly. “And I want to know why youth is wasted on the young.”

Trail Dust (infamous Female Leadership Terminator Type) overhears this and says, “I have noticed you have gotten the dreaded Furniture Disease. That's when your chest is falling into your drawers!”

“Nice. Real nice. I will ignore that,” says Grizzly. “I also have noticed that people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older. Then, it dawned on me, they were cramming for their finals.”

“As for me, I'm just hoping God grades on the curve,” says Switchback.  "Say, do you know what Bible stands for?  Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.  Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.  Huh?  Oh well,
just forget the whole thing.  I am going to go take a hiker Meritorious Combat Nap."