[pct-l] Dogs on the trail

Andrea Dinsmore zaqueltooocool at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 12:25:12 CST 2009

You all know where I stand on the pooches doing the whole trail. Pacha and
Nadine were at the high end of the "toughness" level. Some dogs are no worse
for ware when they hit our place. We are 2400 miles into the trail. Some
dogs have been carried in by the owners because their back hips and legs
quit working. Some dogs have walked in on their own and refused to move out
from under the trailer for 2-3 days. Some look like a bag of bones. I can
only tell you what I see with my eyes. It is heart breaking and makes me
ill. Your best friend will follow you anywhere. Even when he's in pain and
about ready to drop. He loves you. Don't forget about him.

PCT MOM