[pct-l] Trail Running Shoes so great?

ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Fri Feb 20 23:27:09 CST 2009

Fantastic, Diane! You hit the nail on the head.

I don't know if its the shoes that contribute to the low success rate or any
of a number of issues, some of which you've mentioned, but to help hikers
have a great, safe, healthy, and terrifically rewarding experience out on
the long trails, I'm questioning the accepted norm. Are the current trends
in training, food, gear, schedules, pace, etc. really allowing hikers a
better time in the wilderness?

I had an incredible time on the trail and want more people to have the kind
of experience you speak of, where you're prepared physically, mentally,
emotionally, and spiritually for all the trail has to offer. Some find what
they're looking for in themselves, in others, or in the spiritual and some
are out there for altogether other reasons. If you wanted to help hikers get
past the first few weeks or month and the calls of home, what would be your
advise?

Mtnned