[pct-l] Washington re-route(s)

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Feb 5 20:16:25 CST 2010

Yeah, I remember you telling me this.

I was there when Mr. Zip was there. Do you remember him? He was going
on and on about the big log over the river. I tried to keep quiet,
but I think I worried about it more than he did. You told him to stop
being a wuss and that if a 10 year old little girl could do it he
could do it. I still didn't think I could do it. I've seen what those
10 year old girls can do on the balance beam!

But I weighed everything I heard. Your stories of people getting lost
on the reroute and having to get rescued, Southbounder
recommendations (they all recommended staying on the PCT), the
ranger's recommendation (she swore she hiked that reroute all the
time and it was "God's country") and everything I could find. I
finally took the regular PCT and was so happy I did.

Diane