[pct-l] Food in the Sierras

Tony Shields tone.shields at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 13:11:58 CDT 2011

Hi All,

I am trying to plan out the food i am taking into the sierras from Kennedy
Meadows to VVR.

I have the bearvault bv 500 bear canister, filled it with as much light
weight low calorie food as I can. When I add it all up this results in a
measly 12612 calories. If I hike this section in ten days, thats only 1200
calories a day!

What kinds of foods/strategies do you guys use through this section??

thanks all

Tony

p.s.i had just asked this list about fishing, which I hear is awesome in
this section, but i wouldnt want to rely on fish for food...