[pct-l] PCT-L now in forum format

Ron Cluster rcluster at comcast.net
Mon Aug 22 22:59:52 CDT 2011

Hey Scott,

I'm having a difficult time trying to come with a reason for copying all the messages from someone else's email list and putting them in a forum format.

Drawbacks that I see:

1) Causing confusion, especially to new members
2) Message threads disappear after 90 days
3) Replies on the forum do not go to the list (This will be VERY confusing, wouldn't it be better to not allow posting to this new forum at all?)
4) I thought you already had a PCT forum, so you're competing with yourself. More confusion.

Advantages that I see:
1) *Maybe* an easier to read format but this is certainly outweighed by #2 & 3 above.

Care to explain your reasoning behind doing this? Otherwise I'm sure the list members here will come up with some assumptions about your reasons. Personally I'd rather have the explanation come from you.

Snowplow