[pct-l] Just another day on the PCT - guns and rattlers

abiegen at cox.net abiegen at cox.net
Fri Feb 11 13:16:19 CST 2011

Scott Bryce <sbryce at scottbryce.com> wrote:

>Did your dog make it down safely?

Yes, thanks for asking. My dog, who had been hiking stoveless was thrilled to see the flash cooked rattlesnake. She gobbled it up but got sick and had diarrhea. Being a good dog, she put it in a plastic bag and left it by the side of the trail. That angered some thru-hikers that saw her leave the bag behind and she had to run off down the trail.

On Fuller ridge she ran into the PCTA trail crew working the switchbacks. She rescued one of them who had fallen down a wall (did I mention her name is Lassie?).

The PCTA trail workers were so pleased with the rescue that they told everyone her story. That and $500 got her the title role in Squatch's next movie, "Dog Days on the AT, A Young Bitch's Journey into Doghood."

Okay, okay. I set up a GoogleDoc of the full story so that everyone (with GMail) that wants to can add their own brilliantly funny bits to the story without driving everyone else crazy. Here is the way too long link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/176Ujb-7o0a-nIpHwh7JZLSnTzSUAcectSohE8IO_y0A/edit?hl=en&authkey=CIX-vNUC#

TrailHacker

"When my feet hurt, I can't think straight"
Abraham Lincoln