[pct-l] stoves?

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Jan 21 16:24:37 CST 2011

If the stove is burning weakly you MAY be able to use water to put it
out. If it is burning strongly, or has decided to go off like a roman
candle, I can offer my personal experience that water only makes it
worse. Probably the best option is to snuff it with your empty pot,
but if your pot is full of tasty food, or the stove is resting on a
small rock or irregular surface, this isn't likely to be a viable
option.