[pct-l] Hiker Trash Thanks

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 25 12:14:05 CST 2011

Hi Scott and All,

We enjoyed double family Turkey Days. I want to thank the PCTA staff and all of the many volunteers that help to make the PCT such a wonderful route for both hikers and equestrians to travel. The Angels that I have met also have my thanks. And I am thankful for the "trail magic" that seems to happen just when you need it. I experienced that several times during my journey on the PCT. Magic!

Jereen and I enjoyed our visit with you, Scott. We want to return to re-visit the John Muir Home. You are fortunate to live so near. Thanks for letting me try out your awesome backpack. It felt comfortable with the 37 pounds total. I will need to get my base weight down so I can carry enough food. When you average only about 9 mpd, of course you need to carry more food. I will be fishing and looking for mushrooms and other plants that I am familiar with. I will not need to carry as much water as I usually do, since water is so abundant in the Sierra.
MendoRider