[pct-l] Bagley Fire

Brett Fisher brett.fisher64 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 14:55:45 CDT 2012

Heads up hikers. Another NorCal fire!

Team No Hurries (Backtrack and Dances With Lizards) ate dinner below Burney
Falls yesterday evening then hiked out of the park and were crossing the
dam on the Pit River at dusk when a car stopped us.

The couple inside asked if we knew we were walking into an uncontrolled
fire. We didn't. We had checked at the park, but no one there had fire
info. No bulletin board info either.

The couple are camp hosts for a PG&E employee's camp. They put us up for
the night and let us use their computer to research the fire.

Sure enough, the trail ahead is closed by the fire (Burney Falls to
Castella - only a section of trail but no alternate routes).

We had been wondering about the billowing smoke by day and orange glow at
night we'd been watching from Hat Creek Rim.

Thankyou Fred and Judy. Beyond trail magic.