[pct-l] Mountain House #10 tins - breaking them up into zip locks?

Mike Cunningham hikermiker at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 11:22:30 CST 2012

One of my hiking buddies did that. He used a vacuum sealer instead of ziplocs. We split the # 10 can & ate it all within a week. It worked fine but i did get a bit tired of beef stew.

He still does it but I no longer go in on it with him. He claims it is still good after a month & has not died from it yet.

I have also done Gatorade in ziplocs & it always absorbs water & gets gross after a while. It is better to get the smaller packs.

hm