[pct-l] RE 900 Down Not Desirable In Some Situations

John Coyle jcoyle at sanjuan.edu
Fri Mar 16 08:28:33 CDT 2012

I was reading through the list today and someone was mentioning that they try to get 900 down for sleeping bags if possible.  I myself have Goosefeet down socks with 900 fill down.  Just wanted to mention that Ryan Jordan of BackpackingLight feels that 900 down sometimes is overkill because it compresses too much when damp with sweat or water.  I'm at work now and don't have much time, but later I'll try to find the exact quote.