[pct-l] Slowest PCT Thru Hike

Nathan Dreon ndreon at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 22:29:45 CDT 2012

It turns out that Funnybone didn't do a thru hike.  He went around the San Jacinto Mountains also San Gorgonio Peak, I think.  On 9 April he took a fall shortly after Fobes Saddle on steep snow and ice, hit a tree and decided that even with crampons and an ice ax Fuller Ridge would be too risky.

Do people go through those mountains in the winter?

A really long through hike looks like it would be very difficult.  I still am curious what the record is and what the dates were when it was done.

Nathan