[pct-l] hiking with a partner

Kristin Hamann aggie03.kh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 16:09:15 CDT 2013

Thru-hiking this year with one of my best friends, and was just wondering
if anyone had advice on sticking together for 4 1/2 to 5 months.  Of course
we will both have to make compromises, but I was wondering if anyone out
there that had done a long trip with another person had any specific tips
on how they managed to stick together and preserve their friendship?  We
are carrying separate gear *just in case* but the plan is to stay together.
 I have done a lot of solo backpacking, but my friend is very uncomfortable
with traveling solo, so if we split up it would probably result in her not
being able to finish the trail unless she met another hiking companion.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

Kristin