[pct-l] Mountain lion encounters....size matters....does gender?

Betty Wheeler bettywheeler at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 10:53:10 CDT 2013

As the author of that line, I'll respond -- I was just being descriptive,
and I don't think gender makes a difference. I do think size can make a
difference. I'll also reiterate what I thought I expressed in my original
post -- the risk is very, very small. There are many risks on trail with a
much higher possibility of occurrence. That acknowledged, I think it makes
sense to be aware and educated about all risks. (And for me, perhaps the
scariest brochure I've ever read is "Lightning Risk Management for
Backcountry Campers and Hikers" published by NOAA, NWS and NOLS.)

Betty