[pct-l] Sore feet

Jan Ealy janealy at mac.com
Mon Apr 27 10:16:48 CDT 2015

Dear PCT friends,

I finished my PCT thru-hike Sept 27th. I've done the AT twice ('04 & '07) and at the end of those hikes the soles of my feet were sore for about 6 weeks. This time, however, on the PCT that same pain has persisted to this day. It is less now, but there is still persistant soreness in the mornings and soreness even on short 5- 8 mile hikes. It has been 7 months. Something is going on here.

I am 63, so age may be a factor. I was hoping though that someone out there has had similar soreness and maybe an explanation or remedy, outside of not hiking anymore (not acceptable).

thank-you,

Ranger Jan - PCT '14