[pct-l] "Military" training on Mount Laguna

Lee Staley leestcoast at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 22:30:16 CDT 2015

Does anyone know what’s up with the men/women “training” a couple of miles east of the PCT on Mount Laguna in Military/Para-Military garb (cotton duck fatigues from 20 years or so ago plus medium-sized backpacks - sort of like the old plastic frame Coleman external packs)? I’ve seen them a couple of times crossing Big Laguna Meadow and to the east of there.  I can’t say they seemed particularly interested in sharing intel (you know, trail gossip, chitchat, proximity to nearest pizza, etc.).  One guy with “Predator”-like face paint - looked especially disgusted when he busted out of the brush above me and I responded with a big “Howdee”!  Guess he was really looking to put a “tag” on an “insurgent” below me in the trees.  Even if these are National Forest enforcement types, I don’t get why they are training in a recreation area in an urban backyard playground.  “Just saying”.

Cruz Control