[pct-l] Snow-free routes

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 15:43:55 CST 2017

Hey Special K, I second the Lassen to Whitney, (or Kearsarge as that's your
connection) and the nice thing about this is you could start a bit earlier,
to beat some of the heat, as the Lassen area, and Sierra north of Sonora
Pass is so much lower in elevation than the "High Sierra."  If you watch
the weather, you might be able to even get started in early July if we get
a melt out.  But as you have the flexibility to jump when it gets good,
just bide your time and take off when the conditions look best.  If you
start earlier, you'll also probably finish before the first snows of Oct.
Shoot for finishing by late Sept and watch the weather.  So great to see
you're still knocking out big sections!

Shroomer